Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

1) For my independent component, I plan on working with someone I know who is starting a therapy and healing group for teens due to things that happened in their childhoods and I am thinking about helping her with that.

2) I think that this plan will meet the 30 hour minimum requirement because the class is scheduled to be from 6-8pm every Monday, maybe even more. With the classes themselves I get at least two hours per week but then we would still have to make the plans for what is going to happen and that is another two hours roughly. That would be at least four hours weekly, in eight weeks I should be done!

3) My EQ is: what is the best way to treat a child that has been abused? Therapy groups are one way of treating abuse. With this as my independent component, I will see and have a first-hand view on what a group therapy is like and in the end I will know if it works or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment