Sunday, April 29, 2012

Independent Component 2

I, Anahi Gamboa, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.  For thirty hours, I did research on child abuse treatments. I read personal stories about it, I had a conversation with someone that was abused when they were young and I read different books.

My independent component helped me have a better understanding for what child abuse treatments really entail. This independent component helped me understand that treatment is very important for children to recover, but other things are important too. Things such as the child's comfort, the child's interest, and their feelings at the moment.

The 'product' of this independent component was some of what I said earlier, I got a more detailed understanding of what things should be involved in the therapy for the child to have a good end result. I also learned that the type of therapy that the child goes through has a lot to do with the end result.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmdF2TyFCZ9LdDQtX2NBaVB3ZThjRHhaSGVYZ0FaLWc

No comments:

Post a Comment